Would you like to know about a 5-minute daily action to help you build better habits to support your weight loss goals? Yes? Farah Kariamburi shares her tips on how to create better habits to help you feel fab.
“No matter what your weight loss goals are, losing weight can feel impossible for most of us. However, shedding a few pounds doesn’t have to involve a complete overhaul of your current diet and lifestyle. In fact, making a few small changes to your routine can help you lose weight and keep it off. I am going to help you create better habits to support your weight loss goal.
Well, I guess the answer is simple. Our old habits no longer serve us anymore. We are feeling unhealthy, overweight, embarrassed, self-conscious and unfit.
Let’s look at what may have happened to us in the last year that contributed to weight loss. An ugly divorce, had a baby, redundancy, had a challenging job, health scare, loss of a loved one, depression and anxiety and the list can go on…
No-one can take away the pain and trauma away from us. It will always be part of us, but we can’t allow it to control us in the long term. If we don’t deal with it, then the alternative is that we will drink too much, binge eat and put on lots of weight.
Let’s create a new better habit
This better habit is very simple, and everyone can do this without making big sacrifices or putting in too much time or effort into it. It’ll also help you to digest your food better and help you lose weight:
This better habit is called eating slowly and mindfully
- We make better choices when we commit to caring about our food, slowing down, paying attention, and eating mindfully. No rules, calorie counting, or overthinking required.
- This habit will help you become more aware of your choices, get in touch with your hunger and fullness clues and stop eating when you are satisfied rather than stuffed.
- Eating slowly can thus create energy deficit that can help you lose weight and fat without being on a diet or dieting.
Simple but NOT easy
This is a quick guide on how to create a better habit.
- Sit at the table and minimise distraction like TV, Smart phones or newspapers. Just you and your food and others if they are joining you in mindful eating.
- Look at your food and notice what you have chosen to eat.
- Take a bit of the food and notice the smell, taste and texture of this bite.
- After Each bite put down the fork and pause for a moment.
- Take a few breaths and relax your body.
- What did you notice about you and how you are thinking?
- Now take another bite and repeat the process.
- Continue doing this until you feel full. Once you feel full even if there is food left on your plate, stop eating.
Try doing this with one meal a day that you think is the best time to try and practice this habit.
My final thoughts on creating a 5-minute action for better habits…
We tend to make poor choices when we are rushed, busy and stressed because in these situations we tend to ignore or override our body’s natural hunger and fullness cues.
Now are you ready to try this simple but not easy habit to start your weight loss journey. I would love to know that this blog has inspired you and how are you are going to make this change. I would love for you to share this with me.
Thank you for reading this blog. Feel free to share it someone that may find this habit helpful.”
PS. For more simple ways to biohack your body and mind to unlock your potential, check out this blog: https://feelfabnaturally.com/simple-tips-to-help-you-biohack/.
What is biohacking?
* Biohacking is using all of the tools we now have at our disposal to improve our lives by taking control of our biology. Biohacking has actually been used for centuries. Human beings have always looked to maximise their performance. This is why nutrigenomics is a fundamental part of biohacking a healthier life. Based on the study of the effects of nutrients and natural compounds on our genes, scientifically-backed products that support healthy ageing on a cellular level are now available to add to your biohacking toolbox.
Nutrigenomics products support the body’s natural cellular function by targeting the main biochemical effects of ageing, issues like oxidative stress, natural mitochondrial deterioration and more. By reactivating your body’s ability to do what it used to do – such as triggering your genes’ ability to produce their own antioxidants and your cells‘ ability to produce mitochondria – we can now feel as fab as possible for as long as possible to get the most out of life.
Biohacking and antioxidant activation
So why are antioxidants so important if you’re looking to keep feeling like you for as long as possible? When you cut open an apple and it goes brown, it has basically oxidised which has caused a rapid increase in its ageing process. As we age, we oxidise just like the apple because over time – from our 20s onwards – our bodies produce fewer of the antioxidants needed to neutralise the cellular damage caused by the free radicals around us.
This means we have a high oxidative stress level so our cells don’t function quite as well as they did. Typically our energy levels drop, our sleep patterns change and our inflammation levels rise as just three results of this process.
Supporting your cellular health
So what are our options to get more antioxidants into our bodies? How it works is that one antioxidant basically hands over an electron making one free radical happy so that it can continue on its merry way without causing damage. The problem is that you can’t eat enough antioxidant rich fruit and veg or take enough antioxidant supplements or drinks to deal with the 300 sextillion or so (that’s 300 plus 18 zeros!) free radicals your body has to deal with every day. Up to recently, these were our only strategies to counter free radical damage but in reality they’re like throwing a glass of water on a bonfire and hoping it will put it out…
By naturally reactivating your own antioxidant production through biohacking, you’ll support your cellular health from the inside out. The good news is that you can now trigger your body to produce its own antioxidants again.
Find out more about a unique, natural product which is patented and clinically proven to lower your oxidative stress level by an average of 40% in just 30 days for the price of around half a cup of coffee a day: Protandim Nrf2.